Babylon Bookmarks: A Taxonomic Approach to the Management of WWW Bookmarks
Taxonomic reasoning can be a useful organization paradigm to address issues dealing with the management of WWW bookmarks. Management of WWW bookmarks comprise one of the most frequent activities of WWW users. In this paper, “Babylon Bookmarks” are presented allowing users to apply taxonomic reasoning on WWW bookmarks. “Babylon Bookmarks” is based on the “Babylon System,” an infrastructure to support general taxonomic reasoning tasks. The “Babylon System” allows the development of arbitrary taxonomic services based on Open Hypermedia Specifications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abrams, D., Baecker R., and Chignell, M. 1998. Information archiving with bookmarks: Personal Web space construction and organization. Proceedings of ACM Conference on Human Computer Interactions (CHI’98), (Los Angeles, CA, Apr), 41–48.Google Scholar
- 2.Kanawati, R., Malek, M. 2000. Informing the design of shared bookmark systems. Proceedings of RIAO2000, Paris, France, 170–180.Google Scholar
- 3.Nürnberg, P. J., Leggett, J. J. and Wiil, U. K. 1998. An agenda for open hypermedia research. Proceedings of the’ 98 ACM Conference on Hypertext (Pittsburgh, PA, Jun), 198–206.Google Scholar
- 4.Nürnberg, P. J. 1997. HOSS: An Environment to Support Structural Computing. Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Computer Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.Google Scholar
- 5.Nürnberg, P. J. and Leggett, J. J. 1997. A vision for open hypermedia systems. Journal of Digital Information 1(2) (Special Issue on Open Hypermedia Systems).Google Scholar
- 6.Parunak, H. V. D. 1993. Hypercubes grow on trees (and other observations from the land of hypersets). Proceedings of the 5th ACM Conference on Hypertext (Hypertext’ 93) (Seattle, WA, Nov), 73–81.Google Scholar
- 7.Parunak, H. V. D. 1991. Don’t link me in: Set based hypermedia for taxonomic reasoning. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Conference on Hypertext (Hypertext’ 91) (San Antonio, TX, Dec), 233–242.Google Scholar
- 8.Tzagarakis, M., Avramidis, D., Kyriakopoulou, M., Schraefel, M., Vaitis, M., Christodoulakis, D. 1999. Structuring primitives in the Callimachus component-based open hypermedia system. Proceedings of the First Workshop on Structural Computing Technical report CS-99-04, Aalborg University Esbjerg, Computer Science Department.Google Scholar
- 9.Østerbye, K. 1999. Hierarchical structure through navigation side bars. Second Workshop in Hypermedia Development: Design Patterns in Hypermedia.Google Scholar