A Binary Multiplier Using RTD Based Threshold Logic Gates
A binary multiplier implemented using RTD based threshold logic gates is presented. The circuit demonstrates how small-scale threshold logic gates implementing standard boolean functions can be used to replace conventional boolean gates and achieve reduced circuit complexity. The performance of the gates and multiplier are simulated in HSPICE and the results are presented.
KeywordsBoolean Function Resonant Tunneling Negative Differential Resistance Very Large Scale Integration Resonant Tunnelling Diode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.C. Pacha, U. Auer, C. Burwick, P. Glösekötter, A. Brennemann, W. Prost, F-J. Tegude, and K. F. Goser, “Threshold Logic Circuit Design of Parallel Adders Using Resonant Tunnelling Diodes,” IEEE Trans. on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, Vol. 8, No. 5, Oct. 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Seabaugh, B. Brar, T. Broekaert, G. Frazier, F. Morris, P. van der wagt, and E. Beam III, “Resonant tunneling Circuit Technology: Has it Arrived?” Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit (GaAs IC) Symposium, 1997. Technical Digest 1997, 19th Annual, 15–17 Oct 1997 Page(s): 119–122.Google Scholar
- 4.P. Mazumder, S. Kulkarni, M. Bhattacharya, J. P. Sun, and G. I. Haddad, “Digital Circuit Applications of Resonant Tunneling Devices,” Proc. IEEE, Vol. 86, No. 4, April 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.W. Prost et al., “LOCOM” EU IST report No. 28844, Dec. 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.G Frazier, A Taddiken, A Seabaugh, J Randall. “Nanoelectronic circuits using resonant tunneling transistors and diodes”. 1993 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference. Digest of Technical Papers. ISSCC. IEEE. 1993, pp. 174–5. New York, NY, USA.Google Scholar
- 8.P.M. Kelly, C.J. Thompson, T.M. McGinnity, and L.P. Maguire, “Investigation of a Programmable Threshold Logic Gate Array,” IEEE International Conference Electronics Circuits and Systems, proceedings Vol. II, pp 673–67, Sept 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.E. Goto et. al. IRE Transactions on Electronic Computers, EC-9, 25 1960.Google Scholar