An Agent Based Approach of Collective Foraging
In this paper the behaviour of a bee colony is modeled as a society of communicating agents acting in parallel and synchronizing their behaviour. Two computational models for defining the agents behaviour are introduced and compared and tools developed for these models are briefly illustrated.
KeywordsModel Check Agent Model Source Position Mathematical Linguistics Input Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Aguado, T. Bălănescu, T. Cowling, M. Gheorghe, M. Holcombe, F. Ipate, P systems with replicated rewriting and stream X-machines (Eilenberg machines), Fundamenta Informaticae 49(2001), 1–17.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Attoui, A. Hasbani, Reactive systems developing by formal specification transformations. In Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 97), 1997, 339–344.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Benerecetti, F. Giunchiglia, L. Serafini, A model checking algorithm for multiagent systems. In Intelligent Agents V (J. P. Muller, M. P. Singh, A. S. Rao, eds.), LNAI 1555, Springer-Verlag, 1999, 163–176.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Brazier, B. Dunin-Keplicz, N. Jennings, J. Treur, Formal specification of multiagent systems: a real-world case. In Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS’95), MIT Press, 1995, 25–32.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Clark, R. Paton, Towards computational models of chemotaxis in Escherichia coli. In Information Processing in Cells and Tissues (M. Holcombe, R. Paton, eds.), Plenum Press, 1998, 39–46.Google Scholar
- 10.M. D’Inverno, D. Kinny, M. Luck, M. Wooldridge, A formal speci.cation of dMARS. In Intelligent Agents IV (M.P. Singh, A. Rao, M.J. Wooldridge, eds.), LNAI 1365, Springer-Verlag, 1998, 155–176.Google Scholar
- 12.E. Kapeti, P. Kefalas, A design language and tool for X-machines specification. In Advances in Informatics (D. I. Fotiadis, S. D. Nikolopoulos, eds.), World Scientific Publishing Company, 2001, 134–145.Google Scholar
- 14.A. S. Rao, M. P. George., A model-theoretic approach to the veri.cation of situated reasoning systems. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI’93) (R. Bajcsy, ed.), 1993, 318–324.Google Scholar
- 15.A. S. Rao, M. P. George., BDI Agents: from theory to practice. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS95), 1995, 312–319.Google Scholar
- 17.J. Odell, H. V. D. Parunak, B. Bauer, Extending UML for agents. In Proceedings of the Agent-Oriented Information Systems Workshop at the 17th National conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2000.Google Scholar