CODELAB: A Developers’ Tool for Efficient Code Generation and Optimization
In this paper we describe CODELAB, an integrated development environment (IDE) for efficient code development and optimization. The main idea behind the CODELAB IDE is to bring together several useful code development and optimization tools into an integrated and user friendly environment with a goal of simplifying the production and maintenance of high performance software libraries. We give an overview of the tool structure and provide examples that illustrate the use and the efficiency of the IDE.
- J. Bilmes and K. Asanović and J. Demmel and D. Lam and C.W. Chin. The PHiPAC WWW Home Page http://wwu.icsi,berkeley.edu/~bilmes/phipac
- Matteo Prigo and Steven G. Johnson, The Fastest Fourier Transform in the West. Technical Report MIT-LCS-TR-728, MIT, 1997.Google Scholar
- Richard Tolimieri, Myoung An, and Qiao Lu. Algorithms for Discrete Fourier Transforms and Convolution. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1 edition, 1989.Google Scholar
- Matteo Frigo. A Fast Fourier Transform Compiler. Proceedings of the 1999 ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, pages 169–180, 1999.Google Scholar
- Dragan Mirković, Rishad Mahasoom, and Lennart Johnsson. An Adaptive Software Library for Fast Fourier Transforms. Proceedings of the 2000 International Conference on Super computing, pages 215–224, 2000.Google Scholar
- Dragan Mirković and Lennart Johnsson. Automatic Performance Tuning in UHFFT Library. Proceedings of the 2001 International Conference on Computational Science, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2073, Vol. 1, pages. 71–80, 2001.Google Scholar
- Dragan Mirković and Lennart Johnsson. Automatic Performance Tuning for Fast Fourier Transforms. International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, to appear.Google Scholar
- The PAPI web page. http://icl.cs.utk.edu/projects/papi/.
- The Performance Counter Library web page. http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/PCL/.
- Home Page of the SPIRAL Project. http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~spiral.