Restructuring Conditional Code Structures Using Object Oriented Design Patterns
Nowadays, software industry demands high quality reusable artifacts that are easy to configure for developing new applications or modifying the existing ones at minimum cost. In this context several approaches have been proposed, as a result of this, libraries with a number of reusable functions and/or classes have been obtained. Such approaches have also proposed guidelines aimed to reuse most of the software developed by programmers. However this goal has not been achieved yet, mainly due to the lack of quality attributes of the reusable software components currently available. This paper introduces an approach known as SR2, which means software reengineering for reuse, it is based on a reengineering process whose input is legacy code written in C language and the output is an object-oriented framework in C++. In this work we employ the Gamma design patterns strategy and state to structure the framework generated by the reengineering process.
KeywordsDesign Pattern Legacy Code Reusable Component Restructuring Process Language Recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ANTL (Another Tool Language Recognition) http://www.antlr.org
- 2.Bruno R. P., Design Patterns for the Data Structures and Algorithms Course, SIGCSE’99, ACM, (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.Gamma E., Helm, R., Johnson R., and Vlissides J. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Software Architecture, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.Grant L., Designing Component-Based Frameworks, Using Patterns in the UML, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 42, No 10, (October 1999), 39–42.Google Scholar
- 5.Harald C. G., René R. K., Roland T. M., Application Patterns in Re-Engineering: Identifying and Using Reusable Concepts, 6th. International Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems (IPMU’96), (July 1996), 1–9.Google Scholar
- 7.Rudo K.K, Reinhard S., Sèbastien R., Patrick P., Pattern-Based Reverse-Engineering of Design Components, ICSE’99, (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.Sagar P., Hussein Z., Paul L., Resource usage matrix in object identification and design transformation of legacy procedural software, 14o. Automatic Software Engineering Conference (ASEC), (July 1997).Google Scholar
- 9.Appleton B., Patterns and Software: Essential Concepts and Terminology, email@example.com, http://www.entereact.com/bradapp (1997).
- 12.Pree W., Design Patterns for Object-Oriented Software Development, Addison Wesley, (1995).Google Scholar