Negotiation-Credit Driven Coalition Formation in E-Markets
Consumers can obtain cheaper goods through collaboration. However, it’s very difficult to find a certain group of people with the same demand in traditional markets. Internet makes this dream come true. Customers with mutual interests can get together easily and bargain with manufacturers by using the power of group. This paper presents a coalition formation mechanism which is based on Negotiation-Credit Based Negotiation. Buyers and sellers can bargain with different strategies, which also founding on Negotiation Credit, and close deals more efficiency. The concept of group buy could be extended to group sell and enhance the market function.
Keywordssoftware agents coalition formation negotiation group buy group sell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Robert Guttman, Alexandras Moukas, Pattie Maes, “Agent-mediated Electronic Commerce: A Survey”, Knowledge Engineering Review, June 1998.Google Scholar
- Hyacinth S. Nwana, “Software Agent: An Overview”, Cambridge University Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- Javier Bejar and Ulises Cortes, ” Agent Strategies on DPB Auction Tournaments”, a classwork for an artificial intelligence applications course at UPC.Google Scholar
- K. Lerman, O. Shehory, “Coalition Formation for Large-Scale Electronic Markets”, supported in part by MURI contract N00014-96-1222.Google Scholar
- Maksim Tsvetovat, Katia Sycara, Yian Chen, James Ying, “Customer Coalitions in Electronic Markets”, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA.Google Scholar
- Matthias Klusch, Onn Shehory, “A Polynomial Kernel-Oriented Coalition Algorithm for Rational Information Agents”, supported in part bye the NSF, Grant IRI-9423967Google Scholar
- Onn Shehory, Sarit Kraus, ”Coalition formation among autonomous agents: Strategies and complexity”, Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence(IJCAI 95), Montréal, Québec, Canada, 1995.Google Scholar
- Onn Shehory, Katia Sycara, Somesh Jha, “Multi-agent Coordination through Coalition Formation “, supported in part by ARPA Grant #F33615-93-1-1330Google Scholar
- Steven Ketchpel, “Coalition Formation Among Autonomous Agents“. Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence(IJCAI 95), Montréal, Québec, Canada, 1995.Google Scholar
- Steven Ketchpel. “Forming Coalitions in the Face of Uncertain Rewards“, Proceedings of the 12th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Seattle, WA, USA, 1994Google Scholar
- Sandholm Tuomas, Lesser Victor, “Coalition Formation among Bounded Rational Agents”, Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence(IJCAI 95), Montréal, Québec, Canada, 1995.Google Scholar