Information Retrieval in a Coq Proof Library Using Type Isomorphisms
We propose a method to search for a lemma in a Coq proof library by using the lemma type as a key. The method is based on the concept of type isomorphism developed within the functional programming framework. We introduce a theory which is a generalization of the axiomatization for the simply typed γ-calculus (associated with Closed Cartesian Categories) to an Extended Calculus of Constructions with a more Extensional conversion rule. We show a soundness theorem for this theory but we notice that it is not contextual and requires “ad hoc” contextual rules. Thus, we see how we must adapt this theory for Coq and we define an approximation of the contextual part of this theory, which is implemented in a decision procedure.
KeywordsInformation Retrieval Decision Procedure Finished Transaction Type Isomorphism Inductive Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Maria-Virginia Aponte, Roberto Di Cosmo, and Catherine Dubois. Signature subtyping modulo type isomorphisms, 1998. http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~dicosmo/ADCD97.ps.gz.
- 3.Andrew W. Appel et al. Standard ML of New Jersey User’s Guide. New Jersey, 1998. http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/what/smlnj/doc/index.html.
- 4.Bruno Barras et al. The Coq Proof Assistant Reference Manual Version 6.3.1. INRIA-Rocquencourt, May 2000. http://coq.inria.fr/doc-eng.html.
- 5.Dave Berry et al. Edinburgh SML. Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, 1991. http://www.lfcs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/software/.
- 7.Roberto Di Cosmo. Isomorphisms of Types: from γ-calculus to information retrieval and language design. Progress in Theoretical Computer Science. Birkhauser, 1995. ISBN-0-8176-3763-X.Google Scholar
- 8.M. J. C. Gordon et al. A metalanguage for interactive proof in LCF. In 5th POPL, ACM, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.Simon Peyton Jones et al. Haskell 98, February 1999. http://www.haskell.org/definition/.
- 10.Thomas Kolbe and Christoph Walther. Adaptation of proofs for reuse. In Adaptation of Knowledge for Reuse, AAAI Fall Symposium, 1995. http://www.aic.nrl.navy.mil/~aha/aaai95-fss/papers.html#kolbe.
- 11.Thomas Kolbe and Christoph Walther. Proof management and retrieval. In Working Notes of the IJCAI Workshop, Formal Approaches to the Reuse of Plans, Proofs, and Programs, 1995. http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~koehler/ijcai-95/ijcai-ws/kolbe.ps.gz.
- 12.Xavier Leroy. The Caml Light system, documentation and user’s guide Release 0.74. INRIA-Rocquencourt, December 1997. http://caml.inria.fr/man-caml/index.html.
- 13.Xavier Leroy et al. The Objective Caml system release 3.00. INRIA-Rocquencourt, April 2000. http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/htmlman/.
- 14.Zhaohui Luo. An Extended Calculus of Constructions. PhD thesis, University of Edinburgh, July 1990.Google Scholar
- 17.Sergei Soloviev. The category of finite sets and cartesian closed categories. In Journal of Soviet Mathematics, volume 22(3), pages 154–172, 1983.Google Scholar