Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 1984)
An Algorithm for Finding Three Dimensional Symmetry in Trees
This paper presents a model for drawing trees symmetrically in three dimensions and a linear time algorithm for finding maximum number of three dimensional symmetries in trees.
KeywordsSymmetry Group Planar Graph Isomorphism Class Rotational Symmetry Rotation Group
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.A. Aho, J. Hopcroft and J. Ullman, The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Addison-Wesley, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Armstrong, Groups and Symmetry, Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Hong, P. Eades, A. Quigley and S. Lee, Drawing Algorithms for Series-Parallel Digraphs in Two and Three Dimensions, In S. Whitesides, editor, Graph Drawing (Proc. GD’98), vol. 1547 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 198–209, Springer Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.E. H. Lockwood and R. H. Macmillan, Geometric Symmetry, Cambridge University Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Manning, Geometric Symmetry in Graphs, Ph.D. Thesis, Purdue Univ., 1990.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2001