Periodic Correction Networks
- First Online:
We present a comparator network that sorts sequences obtained by changing a limited number of keys in a sorted sequence. The network that we present is periodic and has a depth 8. The time required by this algorithm is O(log n+k) with a small constant hidden by “Oh” notation (n is the total number of keys, k is the number of changed keys).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.K. E. Batcher. Sorting networks and their applications. Proceedings of 32nd AFIPS, pages 307–314, 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kik, M. Kutyłowski and M. Piotrów. Correction networks. Proceedings of the IEEE-ICPP, pages 40–47, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Kik, M. Kutyłowski and G. Stachowiak. Periodic constant depth sorting network. Proceedings of the 11th STACS, pages 201–212, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kutyłowski, K. Loryś, B. Oesterdiekhoff, and R. Wanka. Fast and feasible periodic sorting networks. Proceedings of the 55th IEEE-FOCS, 1994. Full version to appear in the Journal of ACM.Google Scholar
- 7.D. E. Knuth. The art of Computer Programming. Volume 3: Sorting and Searching. Addison-Wesley, 1973.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Schimmler, C. Starke. A Correction Network for N-Sorters. SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol. 6, No. 6, 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.U. Schwiegelshohn. A short-periodic two-dimensional systolic sorting algorithm. IEEE International Conference on Systolic Arrays, pages 257–264, 1988.Google Scholar