A Foolish Consistency: Technical Challenges in Consistency Management
This paper outlines the area of consistency management and argues for its importance. A motivating example is presented to support the argument. The paper sets out the key technical challenges for research in this area. A broad research agenda is outlined with some signposting of particularly interesting directions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Easterbrook, S., Finkelstein, A., Kramer, J. & Nuseibeh, B.: Coordinating Distributed ViewPoints: The Anatomy of a Consistency Check, International Journal on Concurrent Engineering: Research & Applications, 2,3, (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Emmerich, W., Finkelstein, A., Montangero, C, Antonelli, S., Armitage, S. & Stevens, R.: Managing Standards Compliance, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 25,6 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Finkelstein, A., Gabbay, D., Hunter, A., Kramer, J., & Nuseibeh, B.: Inconsistency Handling In Multi-Perspective Specifications, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 20,8, (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Nuseibeh, B, Easterbrook, S. & Russo, A.: Leveraging Inconsistency in Software Development, IEEE Computer, 33,4 (2000).Google Scholar
- 5.Viewpoints 96: An International Workshop on Multiple Perspectives in Software Development; ACM Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering 1996 http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~gespan/vptoc.html
- 6.Workshop on Multi-Dimensional Separation of Concerns in Software Engineering 2000, 22nd ICSE, http://www.research.ibm.com/hyperspace/workshops/icse2000/