Encoding Temporal Logics in Executable Z: A Case Study for the ZETA System
The ZETA system is a Z-based tool environment for developing formal specifications. It contains a component for executing the Z language based on the implementation technique of concurrent constraint resolution. In this paper, we present a case-study for the environment, by providing an executable encoding of temporal interval logics in the Z language. As an application of this setting, test-case evaluation of traceproducing systems on the base of a formal requirements specifications is envisaged.
KeywordsTemporal Logic Logic Programming State Predicate Temporal Formula Free Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Boley. A Tight, Practical Integration of Relations and Functions, volume 1712 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. Springer-Verlag, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Büssow and W. Grieskamp. Combinig Z and temporal interval logics for the formalization of properties and behaviors of embedded systems. In R. K. Shyamasundar and K. Ueda, editors, Advances in Computing Science-Asian’ 97, volume 1345 of LNCS, pages 46–56. Springer-Verlag, 1997. 46CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.R. Büssow and W. Grieskamp. A Modular Framework for the Integration of Heterogenous Notations and Tools. In K. Araki, A. Galloway, and K. Taguchi, editors, Proc. of the 1st Intl. Conference on Integrated Formal Methods-IFM’99. Springer-Verlag, London, June 1999. 43Google Scholar
- 4.Z. Chaochen, C. A. R. Hoare, and A. Ravn. A calculus of durations. Information Processing Letters, 40(5), 1991. 46Google Scholar
- 5.W. Grieskamp. A Set-Based Calculus and its Implementation. PhD thesis, Technische Universität Berlin, 1999. 44Google Scholar
- 6.W. Grieskamp. A Computation Model for Z based on Concurrent Constraint Resolution. to appear in ZUM’00, January 2000. 43, 44Google Scholar
- 7.M. Hanus. Curry-an integrated functional logic language. Technical report, Internet, 1999. Language report version 0.5. 52Google Scholar
- 8.X. Jia. An approach to animating Z specifications. Internet: http://saturn.cs.depaul.edu/~fm/zans.html, 1996. 52
- 9.B._Moszkowski. Executing Temporal Logic Programs. Cambridge University Press, 1986. updated version from the authors home page. 43, 46Google Scholar
- 10.G. Nadathur and D. Miller. An overview of λProlog. In Proc. 5th Conference on Logic Programming & 5th Symposium on Logic Programming (Seattle). MIT Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- 12.J. M. Spivey. The Z Notation: A Reference Manual. Prentice Hall International Series in Computer Science, 2nd edition, 1992. 43, 44Google Scholar
- 15.M. Winiko., P. Dart, and E. Kazmierczak. Rapid prototyping using formal specifications. In Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Conference, 1998. 52Google Scholar