Data Mining for Data Classification Based on the KNN-Fuzzy Method Supported by Genetic Algorithm
This paper presents a classification method based on the KNN-Fuzzy classification algorithm, supported by Genetic Algorithm. It discusses how to consider data clustering according to the Fuzzy logic and its consequences in the area of Data Mining. Analyses are made upon the results obtained in the classification of several data bases in order to demonstrate the proposed theory.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ANDERBERG, MICHAEL R. Cluster Analysis for Applications. Academic Press, 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.MITCHIE, D., SPIEGELHALTER, D. J., TAYLOR, C. C. Machine Learning, Neural and Statistical Classification. Ellis Horwood, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.MANLY, B. F. J. Multivariate Statistical Methods. A Primer, Chapman & Hall, London, 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.KELLER, J. M., GRAY, M. R., GIVENS JR., J. A., A Fuzzy K-Nearest Neighbor Algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, v. SMC-15, n. 4, pp. 258–260, July/August 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.ESPÍNDOLA, ROGÉRIO P. Optimizing Classification Fuzzy Rules by Genetic Algorithms, M.Sc thesys, COPPE/PEC, May, 1999.Google Scholar
- 10.KDD-Sisyphus. KDD Sisyphus Workshop—Data Preparation, Preprocessing and Reasoning for Real-World Data Mining Applications. Internet: http://research.swisslife.ch/kdd-sisyphus, 1998.