Quasi-Efficient Revocation of Group Signatures
Several interesting group signature schemes have been proposed to-date. However, in order for the entire group signature concept to become practical and credible, the problem of secure and efficient group member revocation must be addressed. In this paper, we construct a new revocation method for group signatures based on the signature scheme by Ateniese et al. [ACJT]. This new method represents an advance in the state-of-the-art since the only revocation schemes proposed thus far are either: 1) based on implicit revocation and the use of fixed time periods, or 2) require the signature size to be linear in the number of revoked members. Our method, in contrast, does not rely on time periods, offers constant-length signatures and constant work for the signer.
KeywordsGroup signatures revocation of group membership credentials dynamic groups
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ACJT]G. Ateniese, J. Camenisch, M. Joye, and G. Tsudik. A Practical & Provably Secure Coalition-Resistant Group Signature Scheme In Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO’ 00, Springer-Verlag, 2000.Google Scholar
- [Stad96]M. Stadler. Publicly Verifiable Secret Sharing, In Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT’ 96, Springer-Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Cam98]J. Camenisch. Group signature schemes and payment systems based on the discrete logarithm problem. PhD thesis, vol. 2 of ETH Series in Information Security an Cryptography, Hartung-Gorre Verlag, Konstanz, 1998. ISBN 3-89649-286-1.Google Scholar
- [CvH91]D. Chaum and E. van Heyst. Group signatures. In Advances in Cryptology — EUROCRYPT’ 91, vol. 547 of LNCS, pp. 257–265, Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- [AT99a]G. Ateniese and G. Tsudik. Group Signatures a’ la Carte. In Proceedings of 1999 ACM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, ACM Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- [AT99]G. Ateniese and G. Tsudik. Some open issues and new direction in group signatures. In Proceedings of 1999 Financial Crypto. Springer-Verlag, 1999.Google Scholar
- [BS2000]E. Bresson and J. Stern. Efficient Revocation in Group Signatures, In Proceedings of Public Key Cryptography (PKC2001), Springer-Verlag, 2001.Google Scholar
- [Song01]D. Song. Practical Forward-Secure Group Signature Schemes. In Proceedings of 2001 ACM Symposium on Computer and Communication Security. November 2001.Google Scholar
- [Cam97]J. Camenisch. Efficient and Generalized Group Signatures. In Advances in Cryptology-EUROCRYPT’ 97, vol. 1233 of LNCS, pp. 465–479, Springer Verlag, 1997Google Scholar
- [CM98a]J. Camenisch and M. Michels. A group signature scheme with improved efficiency. In Advances in Cryptology — ASIACRYPT’ 98, vol. 1514 of LNCS, pp. 160–174, Springer-Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- [CL02]J. Camenisch and A. Lysyanskaya. Efficient revocation of anonymous group membership certificates and anonymous credentials. IACR eprint archive n. 2001/113.Google Scholar