An Application of Dynamic P Systems: Generating Context-Free Languages
We present a method of generating context-free languages, in a parallel way, using dynamic P systems, which evolve in time in a coherent manner. The evolution is described by a contextual grammar D(G), which can be canonically associated to any context-free grammar G. The dynamic P system generated by D(G) will “compute” the language L(G), i.e., one of the configurations of the system will contain all words of L(G) of length n at depth 2n - 1. Our approach is an attempt to prove the richness and power of the concept of dynamic P system, both in the area of P systems, and in the area of contextual grammars.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Atanasiu, C. Martin-Vide: P Systems and Context-Free Languages, in Actas del Primer Congresso Español de Algoritmos Evolutivos y Bioinspirados, AEB’02, Mérida, Febrero, 2002, 341–346Google Scholar
- 2.R. Ceterchi, C. Martin-Vide: Generating P Systems with Contextual Grammars, Pre-proceedings of the “Workshop on Membrane Computing”, Curtea de Argeş, 2002Google Scholar
- 3.R. Ceterchi, C. Martin-Vide: Dynamic P Systems, this volumeGoogle Scholar
- 5.M. Margenstern, C. Martin-Vide, Gh. Păun: Computing with Membranes: Variants with Enhanced Membrane Handling, Proc. of 7th Intern. Meeting on DNA Based Computers (N. Jonoska, N.C. Seeman ed.), Tampa, Florida, USA, 2001, 53–62Google Scholar
- 7.Gh. Păun: Marcus Contextual Grammars, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1997Google Scholar
- 11.Gh. Păun: Membrane Computing. An Introduction, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2002Google Scholar