Tool for Computer-Aided Spanish Word Sense Disambiguation
We present a system for for computer-aided WSD mark-up of texts in Spanish. The system is is based on Anaya dictionary, uses a Spanish morphological analyzer and a WSD method based on Lesk algorithm (along with the other standard strategies). This tool reduces time and effort for preparation WSD-marked corpora in Spanish. We also discuss the requirement for such type of systems, which our particular system satisfies only partially.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gelbukh, A. and G. Sidorov (2002). Morphological Analysis of Inflective Languages Through Generation. J. Procesamiento de Lenguaje Natural, No 29, September 2002, Spain. pp. 105–112.Google Scholar
- 2.Karov, Ya. and Edelman, Sh. (1998) Similarity-based word-sense disambiguation. Computational linguistics, Vol. 24, pp. 41–59.Google Scholar
- 3.Lesk, M. (1986) Automatic sense disambiguation using machine-readable dictionaries: how to tell a pine cone from an ice cream cone. Proceedings of ACM SIGDOC Conference. Toronto, Canada, pp. 24–26.Google Scholar
- 5.McRoy, S. (1992) Using multiple knowledge sources for word sense disambiguation. Computational Linguistics, Vol. 18(1), pp. 1–30.Google Scholar
- 7.Sidorov G. and A. Gelbukh (2001). Word sense disambiguation in a Spanish explanatory dictionary. Proc. of TALN-2001 (Tratamiento automático de lengauje natural), Tours, France, July 2–5, 2001, pp 398–402.Google Scholar
- 8.Wilks, Y. and Stevenson, M. (1999) Combining weak knowledge sources for sense disambiguation. Proceedings of IJCAI-99, 884–889.Google Scholar
- 10.Yarowksy, D. (1992) Word-sense disambiguation using statistical models of Roget’s categories trained on large corpora. Proceeding of Coling-92, Nante, France, pp. 454–460.Google Scholar