An Automata-Theoretic Approach to Constraint LTL
We consider an extension of linear-time temporal logic (LTL) with constraints interpreted over a concrete domain. We use a new automata-theoretic technique to show pspace decidability of the logic for the constraint systems (ℤ,<, =) and (ℕ,<, =).We also give an automata-theoretic proof of a result of Balbiani and Condotta [BC02] for constraint systems that satisfy a “completion” property.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BC02.Ph. Balbiani and J.F. Condotta. Computational complexity of propositional linear temporal logics based on qualitative spatial or temporal reasoning. In Frontiers of Combining Systems (FroCoS’02), pages 162–176, 2002.Google Scholar
- CC00.H. Comon and V. Cortier. Flatness is not a weakness. In 14 Int. Workshop Computer Science Logic, pages 262–276. LNCS, vol. 1862. Springer, 2000.Google Scholar
- DD02.S. Demri and D. D’souza. An automata-theoretic approach to constraint LTL. CMI Internal Report TCS-02-01, 2002. http://www.cmi.ac.in.
- Pnu77.A. Pnueli. The temporal logic of programs. In Proc. 18th IEEE Symposium on Foundation of Computer Science, pages 46–57, 1977.Google Scholar
- RCC92.D. Randell, Z. Cui, and A. Cohn. A spatial logic based on regions and connection. In 3rd Conference on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, pages 165–176. Morgan Kaufman, 1992.Google Scholar
- Saf88.S. Safra. On the complexity of ω-automata. Proc. 29th IEEE Symp. on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 319–327, 1988.Google Scholar
- Tho90.W. Thomas. Automata on infinite objects. In J. van Leeuwen, editor, Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, volume B. Elsevier, 1990.Google Scholar
- VW86.M. Vardi and P. Wolper. An automata theoretic approach to automatic program verification. In Logic in Computer Science, pages 332–334. IEEE, 1986.Google Scholar
- WZ00.F. Wolter and M. Zakharyaschev. Spatio-temporal representation and reasoning based on RCC-8. In KR’00, pages 3–14. Morgan Kaufmann, 2000.Google Scholar
- WZ02.F. Wolter and M. Zakharyaschev. Qualitative spatio-temporal representation and reasoning: a computational perspective. In Exploring Artificial Intelligence in the New Millenium, 2002. To appear.Google Scholar