Cooperative Navigation in Multimedia Systems
The emergence of the New Technologies of Information and Communication (NTIC), and the development of new tools open some perspectives for multimedia application design. In this paper we propose a graphical model of cooperative navigation of the multimedia applications. The model is based on the distinction between public and private areas. We use Petri nets to model several patterns which allow to build a complete navigation process. An example is worked out to illustrate the proposed approach.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Garzotto, F., Paolini P., Schwabe, D.: HDM-A model for the design of hypertext applications. Proc of hypertext’91, ACM Press, (1991) 313–321.Google Scholar
- 2.Lange, D.: An object-oriented design method for hypermedia information systems. Proc. 27th Hawaii international conference on system sciences (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.Schwabe, D., Rossi, G.: The object-oriented hypermedia model. ACM, vol. 38, (1995) 74–86.Google Scholar
- 4.Murata T.: Petri nets: Properties, analysis and applications. Proceeding IEEE, (1989) 541–580Google Scholar
- 8.Fieldler, M., Ptak, V.: On matrices with nonpositive off-diagonal elements and positive principal minors. Czech. Math. J, 12, (1962) 382–400.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuhn, H. W., Tucker, A. W.: Linear Enequalities and Related Systems. Princeton university press (1956)Google Scholar