XML-Based Static Type Checking and Dynamic Visualization for TCOZ
Timed Communicating Object Z(TCOZ) combines Object-Z’s strengths in modelling complex data and state with TCSP’s strengths in modeling real-time concurrency. Based on our previous work on the XML environment for TCOZ, this paper firstly demonstrates the development of a type checker for detecting static semantic errors of the TCOZ specification, then illustrates a transformation tool to automatically project TCOZ models into UML statechart diagrams for visualising the dynamic system behaviour.
KeywordsTCOZ tool support XML/XSL UML/XMI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xmi: Xml metadata interchange. http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ad/standards/xmi.html, 2000.
- 2.J. Bengtsson, K. Larsen, F. Larsson, P. Pettersson, and Y. Wang. UPPAAL-a tool suite for automatic verification of real-time systems. In Hybrid Systems, pages 232–243, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.P. J. Brooke and R. F. Paige. The Design of a Tool-Supported Graphical Notation for Timed CSP. In Proc. Integrated Formal Methods 2002 (IFM’02), pages 299–318, Turku, Finland, May 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Duke and G. Rose. Formal Object Oriented Specification Using Object-Z. Cornerstones of Computing. Macmillan, March 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.W. Johnston. A type checker for Object-Z. Technical report 96-24, Software Verification Research Centre, School of Information Technology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072. Australia, July 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Mahony and J. S. Dong. Overview of the semantics of TCOZ. In K. Araki, A. Galloway, and K. Taguchi, editors, IFM’99: Integrated Formal Methods, York, UK, pages 66–85. Springer-Verlag, June 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.B. Mahony and J. S. Dong. Sensors and Actuators in TCOZ. In J. Wing, J. Woodcock, and J. Davies, editors, FM’99: World Congress on Formal Methods, Lect. Notes in Comput. Sci., pages 1166–1185, Toulouse, France, September 1999. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Mahony and J. S. Dong. Timed Communicating Object Z. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 26(2): 150–177, February 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Nelson, K. Rustan, M. Leino, J. Saxe, and R. Stata. Extended static checking home page. Available on the Internet from http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/esc/Esc.html., 1996.
- 10.S. Schneider and J. Davies. A brief history of Timed CSP. Theoretical Computer Science, 138, 1995.Google Scholar
- 11.G. Smith. Extending W for Object-Z. In J. P. Bowen and M. G. Hinchey, editors, Proceedings of the 9th Annual Z-User Meeting, pages 276–295. Springer-Verlag, September 1995.Google Scholar
- 12.G. Smith. The Object-Z Specification Language. Advances in Formal Methods. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.Google Scholar
- 13.J. Sun, J. S. Dong, J. Liu, and H. Wang. A XML/XSL Approach to Visualize and Animate TCOZ. In J. He, Y. Li, and G. Lowe, editors, The 8th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC’01), pages 453–460. IEEE Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Sun, J. S. Dong, J. Liu, and H. Wang. Object-Z Web Environment and Projections to UML. In WWW-10: 10th International World Wide Web Conference, pages 725–734. ACM Press, May 2001.Google Scholar
- 15.J. Woodcock and J. Davies. Using Z: Specification, Refinement, and Proof. Prentice-Hall International, 1996.Google Scholar