Web-Based Process Control Systems: Architectural Patterns, Data Models, and Services
The paper discusses results gained from a real-life project in the domain of Information Systems for Technological Process Control (TPC-IS) in the gas-transport and gas-production branches. It emphasizes the crucial requirements which have to be satisfied by TPC-IS and, therefore, investigated when analyzing and designing Web-based TPC-IS. In addition, architectural design patterns reflecting a multi-level distributed topology and a real-time operating mode are presented. The concept starts from an Integrated Node Database model, which includes process-oriented storage structures and appropriate functionality. An Advanced Services Collection provides the functionality needed for supporting process coordination and control. Using these pattern solutions and data modeling concepts, reusable software components may be developed, some of which already being implemented and operative in our projects.
KeywordsLevel Node Architectural Pattern Pattern Solution SCADA System Data Modeling Concept
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ad Astra Group, Homepage, URL: http://www.tracemode.ru, accessed on Apr, 2002
- 2.Motorola MOSCAD Homepage, URL: http://www.moscad-systems.com/, accessed on Apr, 2002
- 3.“Attention: SCADA!”, technical paper, URL: http://www.scada.com.ua/article2.html, accessed on Apr, 2002
- 4.V. Kanninen, “PC-based Automation Systems in Chemical Research”, URL: http://www.hut.fi/Yksikot/Auttieto/rap2/kanninen/kanninen.htm, accessed on Apr, 2002
- 5.M. Tkachuk, D. Kuklenko, S. Ovasapov, K. Shchekotykhin, “Knowledge-based Maintenance Environment for Large Information Handling Systems”, Lecture Notes in Informatics (LNI), GI-Edition, P-2, Bonn 2001, pp. 139–154.Google Scholar
- 6.D.V. Kuklenko, H.C. Mayr, M. V. Tkachuk, K. M. Shchekotykhin, “Web-Based Information Systems For Technological Process Control: Architectural Framework And Software Solutions”, “Problems of programming”, the magazine of Science Academy of the Ukraine, Kyiv, #1-2 (special bulletin), pp. 317–325.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Tkachuk, R. Kaschek, S. Popov, A. Habboush, “A Gas-Compressor Station Case Study in Software Re-engineering”, ReTIS-2000: 6-th International Conference on Re-Technologies for Information Systems (Preparing to E-Business), Oesterreichische Computer Gesellschaft,. Band 132, 2000, pp. 142–153Google Scholar
- 8.D. Kuklenko, M. Tkachuk,.“Retrospective Database in TPC-IS: Concept and Implementation Experiense”, “System Analysis, Management and Information Technologies”, Kharkiv, Ukraine, #8, 2001, pp. 62–68 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.W3C Homepage, URL: http://www.w3.org/, accessed on May, 2002
- 10.S. Purba, “High Performance Web-Databases: Design, Development, and Deployment”,. CRC Press LLC, USA, 2001Google Scholar
- 11.A. Kaiser. “Time-dependent Data Modeling”, Peter Lang GmbH, Europäischer Verlag der Wissenschaften, Frankfurt am Main, 2000Google Scholar
- 12.M. D. Godlevsky, Ya. N. Ghamlouche. “Principle of Construction of a MIS Subsystem of the Distributed Hierarchical Technical-Economic System Development Management”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Automatic Control “Automation 2000”, Lviv, 2000, pp. 103–106.Google Scholar