An Integrated IT System for Large Scale Coastal Environment Control
The paper presents an IT system for costal environment control. The system has been fully in operation. The system collects, processes the real time environmental information and manage the mobile resources accordingly. The system includes a GIS system, a database, a web server, a communication system and the control application. The system is flexible and configurable. The system has been built with modularity, cross-platform and distributed nature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alov Map. http://www.alov.org/. University of Sydney, 1999–2004.Google Scholar
- MITOrthoServer. http://ortho.mit.edu/mitorthoserver. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001.Google Scholar
- OpenGIS Consortium. http://www.opengis.org/. 2004.Google Scholar
- Fernández P., Bejar R., et al. A Java approach guided by the OpenGIS Web Map Server Interface Specification. European Project TIC98-0587, 2000.Google Scholar
- Estrany B., Mascaró M., Bibiloni A., Serra G., Sideaner E., Laredo J., Capo B., Alcover B., GEMMA: A Cooperative Control System to collect environmental Marine waste. Pp. 186–195, Proceedings of the first international conference On Cooperative Design, Visualization and Engineering, Sept. 19–22, 2004, Palma de Mallorca.. Y. Luo Ed. LNCS 3190, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar