A Local Structure Measure for Anisotropic Regularization of Tensor Fields
Acquisition systems are not fully reliable since any real sensor will provide noisy and possibly incomplete and degraded data. Therefore, in tensor measurements, all problems dealt with in conventional multidimensional statistical signal processing are present with tensor signals. In this chapter we describe some noniterative approaches to tensor signal processing. Our schemes are achieved by the estimation of a local structure tensor, which is used as a key element in regularization. A stochastic point of view as well as a phase-invariant implementation are presented. This work also covers tensor extensions for common scalar operations such as anisotropic interpolation and filtering. An application of the structure tensor for regularization of deformation fields in tensor image registration is also shown. The techniques presented in this chapter suppose an alternative to variational and PDEs schemes, and another point of view of the tensor signal processing.
KeywordsTemplate Match Structure Measure Structure Tensor Anisotropic Tensor Tensor Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. C. Alexander, J.C. Gee, and R. K. Bajcsy. Similarity measures for matching diffusion tensor images. In Proc. British Machine Vision Conference, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.Castaño-Moraga C.A., Rodriguez-Florido M.A., Alvarez L., Westin C.-F., Ruiz-Alzola J. Anisotropic interpolation of DT-MRI. In LNCS 3216, MICCAI. pp. 343–350, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Harris and M. Stephens. A combined corner and edge detector. In Proceedings of the Fourth Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147–151, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.Knutsson, H. Representing local structure using tensors. In 6th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis. Oulu, Finland, pp. 244–251, 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.Knutsson H., and Andersson M. What’s so good about quadrature filters? In 2003 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, 2003.Google Scholar
- 6.Stanislav Kovacic and R.K. Bajcsy. Brain Warping, chapter Multiscale/Multiresolution Representations, pp. 45–65. Academic Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Rodriguez-Florido M.A., Krissian K., Ruiz-Alzola J., Westin C.-F. Comparison between two restoration techniques in the context of 3d medical imaging. LNCS — Springer-Verlag, 2208:1031–1039, 2001.Google Scholar
- 9.Rodriguez-Florido M.A., Westin C.-F., and Ruiz-Alzola J. DT-MRI regularization using anisotropic tensor field filtering. In 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, pp. 336–339, 2004.Google Scholar
- 13.J. Ruiz-Alzola, C.F. Westin, S.K. Warfield, A. Nabavi, and R. Kikinis. Nonrigid registration of 3D scalar, vector and tensor medical data. In MICCAI, pp. 541–550, 2000.Google Scholar
- 15.Eduardo Suárez, Carl-Fredrik Westin, Eduardo Rovaris, and Juan Ruiz-Alzola. Nonrigid registration using regularized matching weighted by local structure. In MICCAI, number 2 in LNCS, pp. 581–589, Tokyo, Japan, September 2002.Google Scholar
- 16.C-F. Westin. A Tensor Framework for Multidimensional Signal Processing. PhD thesis, Linköoping University, Sweden, SE-581 83 Linköping, Sweden, 1994. Dissertation No 348, ISBN 91-7871-421-4.Google Scholar