AMR applied to non-linear Elastodynamics
We describe an AMR scheme for non-linear elastodynamics in Lagrangean coordinates. The scheme uses a linear Riemann solver and computes the deformation gradient from the displacements in order to ensure that it is consistent. Solid bodies with stress free boundaries are modeled by embedding them in a very weak material with a smooth transition in material properties at the boundary. A full approximation multigrid is used to compute states in dynamical equilibrium.
KeywordsSound Speed Deformation Gradient Riemann Problem Adaptive Grid Mesh Spacing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AF91.Arthur, S.J., Falle, S.A.E.G.: Multigrid methods applied to an explosion at a plane density interface. MNRAS, 251, 93–104 (1991)Google Scholar
- BR82.Brandt, A.: Guide to multigrid development. Lect. Notes Math., 960, 220–312 (1982)Google Scholar
- FA91.Falle, S.A.E.G.: Self-similar jets. MNRAS, 250, 581–596 (1991)Google Scholar
- LA73.Lax, P.D.: Hyperbolic systems and the mathematical theory of shock waves. Regional conference Series in Applied Mathematics: 11, Philadelphia, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (1973)Google Scholar
- OG84.Ogden, R.W.: Non-linear elastic deformations. Ellis Horwood (1984)Google Scholar