A Two-Grid Alternate Strip-Based Domain Decomposition Strategy in Two-Dimensions
The alternate strip-based iterative substructuring algorithms are preconditioning techniques for the discrete systems which arise from the finite element approximation of symmetric elliptic boundary value problems. The algorithms presented in this paper may be viewed as simple, direct extensions of the two disjoint subdomains case to the multiple domains decomposition with interior cross-points. The separate treatment of vertex points is avoided by dividing the original nonoverlapping subdomains into strip-subregions. Both scalability and efficiency are enhanced by alternating the direction of the strips.
KeywordsDomain Decomposition Domain Decomposition Method Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient Elliptic PDEs Homogeneous Dirichlet Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. F. Chan and T. P. Mathew. Domain decomposition algorithms. In Acta Numerica 1994, pages 61–143. Cambridge University Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- P. Le Tallec. Domain decomposition methods in computational mechanics. In J. T. Oden, editor, Computational Mechanics Advances, volume 1(2), pages 121–220. North-Holland, 1994.Google Scholar
- L. Mihai. A Class of Alternate Strip-Based Domain Decomposition Methods for Elliptic PDEs. PhD thesis, in preparation. University of Durham, U.K., 2004.Google Scholar
- L. Mihai and A. Craig. Alternate strip-based substructuring algorithms for elliptic PDEs in two-dimensions. submitted, 2003.Google Scholar
- L. Mihai and A. Craig. Alternate strip-based substructuring algorithms for elliptic PDEs in three-dimensions. submitted, 2004.Google Scholar
- A. Quarteroni and A. Valli. Domain Decomposition Methods for Partial Differential Equations. Oxford Science Publications, 1999.Google Scholar
- B. F. Smith, P. E. Bjøstad, and W. Gropp. Domain Decomposition: Parallel Multilevel Methods for Elliptic Partial Differential Equations. Cambridge University Press, 1996.Google Scholar