Application of Waves Displacement Algorithms for the Generation of Gaits in an All Terrain Hexapod
Gait generation for legged robots has been studied since decades. Different ways of generating them for rough terrain have been proposed with more or less success. Here we propose a method for gait generation based on triple periodic functions, which parameters are automatically altered to ensure a smooth walking over rough terrain.
Keywordsgaits hexapod rough terrain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S-M. Song and K.J. Waldron (1989): “Machines that walk: The adaptative suspension vehicle”. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- 5.URL http://www.mundobot.com/projects/melanie/v3/enmelanie3.htm Google Scholar
- 6.D. Wettergreen, C.E. Thorpe, (1992) “Gait Generation for Legged Robots”. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 1992, pp 1413–1420.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Dohi, T. Fujiura, A. Yano. (2002) “Hexapod Walking Robot for Agricultural field (I)-Mechanism of leg and gait control”. Pp. 196–203 in Automation Technology for Off-Road Equipment, Proceedings of the July 26–27, 2002 Conference (Chicago, Illinois, USA)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Ollero Baturone. (2001) “Manipuladores y robots móviles”. Ed. Marcombo. Pp 74–85.Google Scholar