Types for data-oriented languages
Data-oriented languages may benefit from a rich kind structure. We have shown that kinds can provides a framework for relational and database-wide operations, for subtype relations, for schema computations, and perhaps even for schema evolution.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Albano Cardelli Orsini 85]
- [Atkinson Bailey Chisholm Cockshott Morrison 83]M.P.Atkinson, P.J.Bailey, K.J.Chisholm, W.P.Cockshott, R.Morrison: An approach to persistent programming, Computer Journal 26(4), November 1983.Google Scholar
- [Buneman Ohori 87]P.Buneman, A.Ohori: Using powerdomains to generalize relational databases, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- [Cardelli 84]L.Cardelli: A semantics of multiple inheritance, in Semantics of Data Types, G.Kahn, D.B.MacQueen and G.Plotkin Ed. Lecture Notes in Computer Science n.173, Springer-Verlag 1984.Google Scholar
- [Cardelli 88]L.Cardelli: Structural subtyping and the notion of power type, Proc. POPL 1988.Google Scholar
- [Cardelli Wegner 85]
- [McCracken 79]N.McCracken: An investigation of a programming language with a polymorphic type structure, Ph.D. Thesis, Syracuse University, June 1979.Google Scholar
- [Mitchell Plotkin 85]J.C.Mitchell, G.D.Plotkin: Abstract types have existential type, Proc. POPL 1985.Google Scholar
- [Mylopoulos Bernstein Wong 80]J.Mylopoulos, P.A.Bernstein, H.K.T.Wong: A language facility for designing database intensive applications, ACM Transactions on Database Systems 5(2), June 1980.Google Scholar
- [Ohori 87]A. Ohori: Orderings and types in databases, Proc. of the Workshop on Database Programming Languages, Roscoff, France, September 1987.Google Scholar
- [PPRG 85]Persistent Programming Research Group: The PS-algol reference manual — second edition, Technical Report PPR-12-85, University of Glasgow, Dept. of Computing Science, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Smith Fox Landers 83]J.M. Smith, S. Fox, T. Landers: Adaplex: rationale and reference manual, second edition, Computer Corporation of America, Four Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Mass. 02142, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Schmidt 77]J.W. Schmidt: Some high level language constructs for data of type relation, ACM Transaction on Database Systems 2(3), pp. 247–281, September 1977.Google Scholar