Symbolic numeric methods in microwave technology
Synthetic-numeric methods can be very instrumental in engineering and scientific research as well. We examplify this by considering the computational aspects of the analysis of a transmission line network, as occurring in micro-wave technology. We comparatively discuss the (dis)advantages of symbolic and numeric approaches for this specific problem, with emphasis on the synthetizing power of symbolically preparing programs for the production of reliable numerical results.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anonymus, FNAP2 manual, Time Sharing Limited. August 1973.Google Scholar
- Hearn A.C., REDUCE 2 user's manual. Univ. of Utah: Report UCP-19 (March 1973).Google Scholar
- Hulshof B.J.A., van Hulzen J.A. and Smit J., Code optimization facilities applied in the NETFORM context. Memorandum 368, Twente University of Technology, Department of Applied Mathematics, (Dec. 1981).Google Scholar
- Knuth D.E., An empirical study of FORTRAN programs. Software practice and experience, Vol. 1.(1971), pp 105–133.Google Scholar
- Pottle C., CORNAP User Manual. Itacha, N.Y.: Cornell University, School of Electrical Engineering, (1968).Google Scholar
- Smit J., New recursive minor expansion algorithms, a presentation in a comparative context. Proc. EUROSAM 79: Symbolic and Algebraic Computation. (E.W. Ng, ed.), Lect. notes in Comp. Science No 72. Berlin-Heidelberg-New York: Springer (1979).Google Scholar
- Smit J., A cancellation free algorithm, with factoring capabilities for the efficient solution of large sparse systems of equations. Proc. of the 1981 ACM Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation. (P.S Wang editor) New York: ACM, pp 146–154.Google Scholar
- Smit J., van Hulzen J.A. and Hulshof B.J.A., NETFORM and Code Optimizer manual, ACM SIGSAM bulletin Vol.15 No 4 (1981).Google Scholar
- Smit J., van Hulzen J.A., Symbolic-numeric methods in microwave technology. (A more detailed version of this report), Memorandum 374, Twente University of Technology, Department of Applied Mathematics, (Dec. 1981).Google Scholar
- Van Hulzen J.A., Breuers grow factor algorithm in computer algebra. Proc. of the 1981 ACM Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation. (P.S Wang editor) New York: ACM, pp 100–105.Google Scholar