Interactive L systems with almost interactionless behaviour
A restricted version of interactive L systems is introduced. A P2L system is called an essentially growing 2L system (e-G2L system) if every length-preserving production is interactionless (context-free). It is shown that the deterministic e-G2L systems can be simulated by codings of propagating interactionless systems, and that this is not possible for the nondeterministic version. Some interesting properties of e-GD2L systems are established, the main result being the decidability of the sequence equivalence problem for them.
KeywordsGrowth Function Formal Language Theory Sensitive Rule Advance Information System Maximal Prefix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Culik II, K. and Karhumäki, J., Interactive L systems with almost interactionless behaviour, submitted to Inf. and Control, also Research Report CS-78-47, Department of Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Harrison, M., Introduction to Formal Language Theory, Addison-Wesley (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.Lindenmayer, A., Private communication (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Rozenberg, G. and Salomaa A., The mathematical theory of L systems, in: J. Tou (ed.), Advances Information Systems Science, 6 (1976), Plenum Press, New York, 161–206.Google Scholar
- 6.Salomaa, A., Formal Languages, Academic Press (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.Salomaa, A. and Soittola, M., Automata-Theoretic Aspects of Formal Power Series, Springer-Verlag (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.Vitanyi, P.M.B., Growth of strings in context dependent Lindenmayer systems, in: L systems, edited by G. Rozenberg and A. Salomaa, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 15 (1974), Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar