On-the-fly darbage collection: an exercise in cooeration
A technique is presented which allows nearly all of the garbage detection and collection activity to be performed by an additional processor, operating concurrently with the processor carrying out the computation proper. Exclusion and synchronization contraints between the processors have been kept weak.
Key Words and Phrasesgarbage collection multiprocessing cooperation between sequential processes with minimized mutual exclusion program correctness for multiprocessing tasks
CR Categories4.32 4.34 4.35 4.39 5.23
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Lamport, Leslie. On Concurrent Reading and Writing. (Submitted to the Comm. ACM.)Google Scholar
- 4.Scholten, C.S., Private CommunicationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gries, David, An Exercise in Proving Parallel Programs Correct. (Submitted to the Comm.ACM.)Google Scholar
- 6.Lamport, Leslie, Report CA-7508-0111, Massachusetts Computer Associates, Inc.Google Scholar
- 7.Woodger, M., Private Communications.Google Scholar