An abstract ALGOL 68 machine and its application in a machine independent compiler
An intermediate language for the machine independent compilation of ALGOL 68 is described. It makes very few assumptions on the target machine but provides a strong descriptive mechanism for abstract machine objects by which they can easily be mapped on target machine objects.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- van Wijngaarden, A. (editor): Revised Report on the Algorithmic Language ALGOL 68, (to be published)Google Scholar
- Peck, J.E.L. (editor): ALGOL 68 Implementation, North-Holland, 1971Google Scholar
- Tanenbaum, A.: Design and implementation of an ALGOL 68 virtual machine, Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam, 1973Google Scholar
- Bourne, S.: ZCODE — a simple machine, Cambridge (UK), 1974Google Scholar
- Lane, H.J.: An ALGOL 68 Machine and Translator, UCLA, 1973Google Scholar
- Gries, D.: Compiler Construction for Digital Computers, Wiley, 1971Google Scholar
- Koster, C.H.A.: Towards a machine independent ALGOL 68 translator, MR 129, Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam, 1972Google Scholar
- Koster, C.H.A.: A Compiler Compiler, MR 127, ibidem, 1971Google Scholar