GFZ Global Multi-GNSS Network and Data Processing Results
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ) is operating a worldwide Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) station network since many years. With recent developments in receiver technology and new upcoming navigation satellite systems like Galileo an upgrade of our stations was needed to track all GNSS. We will present the current status and setup of our station network and the plan for future upgrades. All modernized stations are presently contributing to the Multi-GNSS EXperiment (MGEX) of the International GNSS Service (IGS) as well as to the COoperative Network of GNSS Observations (CONGO). Selected results from a combined GPS/Galileo data processing will be shown. The used data were taken mainly from the public available MGEX network whereas the focus of analysis lies on precise orbit and clock determination of Galileo In-Orbit-Validation (IOV) satellites. Quality assessments are given which are based on orbit overlap statistics, clock stabilities as well as comparisons with external solutions. Additionally an independent validation of the orbits is derived through Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) measurements. Furthermore some initial results of BeiDou data processing are shown which were derived with an experimental set of MGEX data.
KeywordsBeiDou Galileo-IOV MGEX Multi-GNSS POD
The efforts of the IGS (Dow et al. 2009) in providing Multi-GNSS observation data are kindly acknowledged.
- Gurtner W, Estey L (2005) RINEX: the receiver independent exchange format, version 2.11. Technical Report, IGS Central BureauGoogle Scholar
- IGS, RTCM-SC104 (2013) RINEX: the receiver independent exchange format, version 3.02. Technical Report, IGS Central BureauGoogle Scholar
- Miller JJ, LaBreque J, Oria A (2013) Expert advice: laser reflectors to ride on board GPS III. GPS World http://gpsworld.com/expert-advice-laser-reflectors-to-ride-on-board-gps-iii/
- Montenbruck O (2013) Multi-GNSS working group. In: Dach R, Jean Y (eds) IGS Technical Report 2012, IGS Central Bureau, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, pp 163–170Google Scholar
- Prange L, Lutz S, Dach R, Schaer S, Jäggi A (2013) MGEX data analysis at CODE – current status. In: EGU General Assembly 2013Google Scholar
- Steigenberger P, Hackel S, Hugentobler U, Montenbruck O (2013a) One year of galileo IOV orbit and clock determination. In: EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts, vol 15, p 2616Google Scholar
- Uhlemann M, Ramatschi M, Gendt G (2012) GFZ’s global multi-GNSS network and first data processing results. In: IGS Workshop 2012, Olsztyn, PolandGoogle Scholar