Maintaining Information About Nearby Processors in a Mobile Environment
The problem of maintaining information about the location of nearby processors in a mobile adhoc network is considered. A new scalable, deterministic algorithm is presented, provided processors can only move along a line. Many open questions and directions for future work are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bharghavan, V., Demers, A., Shenker, S., Zhang, L.: MACAW: A Media Access Protocol for Wireless LANs. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 1994 Conference on Communications Architectures, Protocols, and Applications, pp. 212–225 (August/September 1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Broch, J., Maltz, D.A., Johnson, D.B., Jetcheva, J.: A Performance Comparison of Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols. In: Proc. ACM/IEEE Intl Conf. Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 85–97 (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Vaidya, N.: Medium Access Control Protocols for Wireless Networks, manuscript (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Prakash, R., Schiper, A., Mohsin, M., Cavin, D., Sasson, Y.: A lower bound for broadcasting in mobile ad hoc networks, EPFL Technical Report. IC/2004/37 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Schiller, J.: Mobile Communications. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Subramanian, S.: Deterministic Knowledge about Nearby Nodes in a Mobile One Dimensional Wireless Environment, M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Computer Science, Texas A&M University (September 2006)Google Scholar