On Continuous Timed Automata with Input-Determined Guards
We consider a general class of timed automata parameterized by a set of “input-determined” operators, in a continuous time setting. We show that for any such set of operators, we have a monadic second order logic characterization of the class of timed languages accepted by the corresponding class of automata. Further, we consider natural timed temporal logics based on these operators, and show that they are expressively equivalent to the first-order fragment of the corresponding MSO logics. As a corollary of these general results we obtain an expressive completeness result for the continuous version of MTL.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Raskin, J.F., Schobbens, P.Y.: State Clock Logic: A Decidable Real-Time Logic. In: HART, pp. 33–47 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Ouaknine, J., Worrel, J.: On the Decidability of Metric Temporal Logic. In: LICS, pp. 188–197. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Prabhakar, P., D’Souza, D.: On the expressiveness of MTL with past operators. Technical Report IISc-CSA-TR-2006-5 Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India (May 2006), URL: http://archive.csa.iisc.ernet.in/TR/2006/5/
- 13.Kamp, J.A.W.: Tense Logic and the Theory of Linear Order. PhD thesis, University of California, Los Angeles, California (1968)Google Scholar
- 14.Raskin, J.F.: Logics, Automata and Classical Theories for Deciding Real-Time. PhD thesis, FUNDP, Belgium (1999)Google Scholar
- 15.Chevalier, F., D’Souza, D., Prabhakar, P.: On continuous timed automata with input-determined guards. Technical Report IISc-CSA-TR-2006-7 Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India (June 2006), URL: http://archive.csa.iisc.ernet.in/TR/2006/7/