A Plug-In Tool for Composing Web Services for Applications Development
Web services composition is currently the paradigm proposed to reduce the cost, time and effort in software development. At the same time, web services seem to fulfill reuse requirements that other technologies have not delivered yet. However, some software development tools do not completely satisfy the need for composing multiple web services. This paper describes tool to support in a semiautomatic way the composition of multiple web services, based on a composition process model. The tool can be used as a plug-in in some software development environments such as Eclipse. In addition, the generation of a template based on XML tags in a client application in order to facilitate the communication with the web services is also described.
KeywordsApplication Development Client Application Software Development Environment Client Code Software Development Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chandrasekaran, S., Miller, J.A., Silver, G.S., Arpinar, B., Sheth, A.P.: Composition, Per-formance Analysis and Simulation of Web Services. Masters Thesis, University of Georgia Athens (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Pistore, M., Barbon, F., Bertoli, P., Shaparau, D., Traverso, P.: Planning and Monitoring Web Service Composition. In: Workshop on Planning and Scheduling for Web and Grid Services, ICAPS 2004, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada, June 3-7 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Fomitchev, M.I.: Integrating XML web services with VB6 applications. Dr. Dobb’s Journal (February 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Majithia, S., Shields, M., Taylor, I., Wang, I.: Triana: a Graphical Web Service Composition Toolkit. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 514–521 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Piccinelli, G., Williams, S.L.: Workflow: a Language for Composing Web Services. In: Proceedings of the 16th Euroean Conference on Object-Oriented Programming ECOOP, Malaga, Spain, June 11 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Ponnekanti, S.R., Fox, A.: SWORD A Developer Toolkit for Web Service Composition. In: The Eleventh International World Wide Web Conference, Honolulu, Hi (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Ko, I., Neches, R.: Composing Web Services for Large – Scale Tasks. IEEE Internet Computing, September-October 2003, 52–59 (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Trianotti, M., Pistore, M., Calabrese, G., Zacco, G., Lucchese, G., Barbon, F., Bertoli, P., Traverso, P.: ASTRO: Supporting Composition and Execution of Web Services. In: Third International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, December 12-15 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Narayanan, S., McIlraith, S.A.: Simulation, Verification and Automated Composition of Web Services. In: Proceedings of the 2nd WWW Conference (May 2002)Google Scholar
- 16.www.jdom.org (20/10/2005)