Intelligent Control of Mobile Agent Based on Fuzzy Neural Network in Intelligent Robotic Space
This paper introduces Fuzzy Neural Network controller to increase the ability of a mobile robot in reacting to the dynamic environments. States of robot and environment, for examples, the distance between the mobile robot and obstacles and the velocity of mobile robot, are used as the inputs of fuzzy logic controller. The navigation strategy is based on the combination of fuzzy rules tuned for both goal-approach and obstacle-avoidance. To identify the environments, a sensor fusion technique is introduced, where the sensory data of ultrasonic sensors and a vision sensor are fused into the identification process. Preliminary experiment and results are shown to demonstrate the merit of the introduced navigation control algorithm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Appenzeller, G., Lee, J.H., Hashimoto, H.: Building Topological Maps by Looking at People: An Example of Cooperation between Intelligent Spaces and Robots. In: IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1326–1333 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Home Page of Inter Process Communication Package at: http://www.ri.cmu.edu/projects/project_394.html
- 4.Home Page of Player/Stage Project at: http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/
- 5.McFarland, D.: What it means for a robot behavior to be adaptive. In: Meyer, J.-A., Wilson, S.W. (eds.) From animals to animates: Proc. of the First Int. Conf. on Simulation of Adaptive Behavior, pp. 22–28. MIT Press, Cambridge (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Kanayama, Y.: Two Dimensional Wheeled Vehicle Kinematics. In: Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, San-Diego, California, pp. 3079–3084 (1994)Google Scholar