An Efficient Dispute Resolving Method for Digital Images
Resolving rightful ownerships of digital images is an active research area of watermarking. Though a watermark is used to prove the owner’s ownership, an attacker can invalidate it by creating his fake original image and its corresponding watermark. This kind of attack is called ambiguity attack and can be tackled either by use of non-invertible watermarking schemes or by use of zero-knowledge watermark detections. If a non-invertible watermarking scheme is used, then the owner should reveal her original image which should be kept secret. And if a zero-knowledge watermark detection is used, then no one can verify the claimed ownership unless the owner is involved. Moreover, in case of zero-knowledge watermark detection, the protocol is relatively complicated and needs more computations. In this paper, using the MSBs string of the original image other than the original image itself, we propose an efficient dispute resolving method while preserving secrecy of the original image.
KeywordsOwnership Non-invertible Watermark Similarity Functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Craver, S., Memon, N., Yeo, B., Yeung, M.: Can Invisible Watermarks Resolve Rightful Ownership? IBM Research Division, Tech. Rep., RC20509 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Zeng, W., Liu, B.: On Resolving Rightful Ownerships of Digital Images by Invisible Watermarks. In: Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pp. 552–555 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Ramkumar, M., Akansu, A.N.: Image Watermarks and Counterfeit Attacks: Some Problems and Solutions. In: Proc. of Content Security and Data Hiding in Digital Media (May 1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Adelsbach, A., Katzenbeisser, S., Veith, H.: Watermarking Schemes Provably Secure Against Copy and Ambiguity Attacks. In: Proc. of the 2003 ACM Workshop on DRM, pp. 111–119 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Adelsbach, A., Sadeghi, A.R.: Advanced Techniques for Dispute Resolving and Authorship Proofs on Digital Works. In: Proc. of SPIE Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, vol. 5020 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Adelsbach, A., Katzenbeisser, S., Sadeghi, A.R.: Watermark Detection with Zero-Knowledge Disclosure. ACM Multimedia Systems Journal, Special Issue on Multimedia Security 9(3), 266–278 (2003)Google Scholar