Suggested Algorithms for Blood Cell Images
Morphological mathematics is a powerful tool for image segmentation. The watershed is popularly used for multiple object images. In this paper, a new watershed algorithm without considering accurate boundary information is presented, for grey scale image segmentation, and Morphological mathematics is also used for cluster splitting. The result of running this algorithm shows that blood cell image can be well segmented using the proposed algorithm. A genetic algorithm is suggested for the further study.
KeywordsBlood Image segmentation Watershed Splitting genetic algori-thm Region merging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Vicent, L., Solille, P.: Watershed in digital spaces: An efficient algorithm based immersion simulations [J]. IEEE Trans. PAMI 13(6), 538–598 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Adams, R., Bischof, L.: Seeded Region Growing. IEEE Trans. PAMI 16(6), 641–647 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Gauch, J.M.: Image Segmentation and Analysis via Multiscale Gradient Watershed Hierrchies. IEEE Trans. IP 8(1), 69–79 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Haris, K., Efstratiadis, S.N.: Hybrid Image Segmentation Using Watersheds and Fast Region Merging. IEEE Trans. IP 7(12), 1684–1699 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 2nd edn. Publishing House of Electronics Industry (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Chien, S.-Y., Huang, Y.-W., Ma, S.-y.: Predictive watershed for image sequences segmentation, vol. 9(02), pp. 3196–319. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Soares, F.: Watershed lines suppression by waterfall marker improvement and linneighbourhood analysis. In: ICPR 2004, IEEE, Los Alamitos (2002)Google Scholar