Utilization of NNs for Improving the Traditional Technical Analysis in the Financial Markets
In this paper, we propose a new decision support system (DSS) for dealing stocks which improves the traditional technical analysis by using neural networks. In the proposed system, neural networks are utilized in order to predict the “Golden Cross” and the “Dead Cross” several weeks before they occur. Computer simulation results concerning the dealings in the “TOPIX” and the “Nikkei-225” confirm the effectiveness of the proposed system.
Keywordsneural networks traditional technical analysis golden cross dead cross TOPIX Nikkei-225
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rumelhart, D.E., et al.: Parallel Distributed Processing. MIT Press, Cambridge (1986)Google Scholar
- 2.Azoff, E.M.: Neural Network Time Series Forecasting of Financial Markets. Wiley, Chichester (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Baba, N., Kozaki, M.: An intelligent forecasting system of stock price using neural network. In: Proceedings of IJCNN 1992, pp. 371–377 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Zurada, J.M., et al.: Sensitivity analysis for minimization of joint data dimension for feedforward neural network. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 447–450 (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Viktor, H.L., et al.: Reduction of symbolic rules from artificial neural network using sensitivity analysis. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1788–1793 (1995)Google Scholar