An Editing and Displaying System of Olfactory Information for the Home Video
Olfactory displays developed in the past emphasized the display of multiple fragrances using one device, and, hence, problems arose, such as huge device size, high cost, troublesome operation and complicated maintenance. Therefore, a home environment to edit and play back images and sound with fragrances has not been achieved to date. In this work, we proposed and developed the “FragrantMemories” system, which can be implemented very easily at home and is convenient to use. Users can edit FragrantMemories and play back images and sounds with fragrances.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yokoyama, S., Tanikawak, T., Horota, K., Hirose, M.: Development of Wearable Olfactory Display (in Japanese). In: Proc.of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan 8th Annual Conference, pp. 69–72 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Yanagida, Y., Noma, H., Tetsutani, N.: A. Tomono An Unencumbering, Localized Olfactory Display. In: ACM CHI 2003 Extended Abstracts, pp. 988–989 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Tho Nguyen and Linga G. Bushnell Feasibility Study of DTMF Communications for Robots UWEETR-2004-0013Google Scholar
- 7.CMC Publisher Technology of Controlled Resease(in Japanese). CMC Publishing Co., Ltd. (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Takagi, S., Shibuya, T.: Science of Smell [Nioi no Kagaku] (in Japanese). Asakura Publisher (1989)Google Scholar