A Statistical Approach for Ownership Identification of Digital Images
In this paper, we propose an ownership identification scheme for digital images with binary and gray-level ownership statements. The proposed method uses the theories and properties of sampling distribution of means to satisfy the requirements of robustness and security. Essentially, our method will not really insert the ownership statement into the host image. Instead, the ownership share will be generated by the sampling method as a key to reveal the ownership statement. Besides, our method allows ownership statements to be of any size and avoids the hidden ownership statement to be destroyed by the latter ones. When the rightful ownership of the image needs to be identified, our method can reveal the ownership statement without resorting to the original image. Finally, several common attacks to the image will be held to verify the robustness and the security is also analyzed.
KeywordsWatermark Scheme Secret Image Ownership Statement Host Image Digital Watermark
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Braudaway, G.W., Magerlein, K.A., Mintzer, F.: Protecting Publicly-available Images with a Visible Image Watermark. In: Proc. SPIE, vol. 2659, pp. 126–133 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Katzenbeisser, S., Petitcolas, F.A.P.: Information Hiding Techniques for Steganography and Digital Watermarking, pp. 101–109. Artech house, Norwood (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Hou, Y.C., Chen, P.M.: An Asymmetric Watermarking Scheme Based on Visual Cryptography. In: Proc. Fifth Signal Process. Conf., vol. 2, pp. 992–995 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Chang, C.C., Hsiao, J.Y., Yeh, J.C.: A Colour Image Copyright Protection Scheme Based on Visual Cryptography and Discrete Cosine Transform. The Imaging Sci. J. 50, 133–140 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Acklam, P.J.: An Algorithm for Computing the Inverse Normal Cumulative Distribution Function (2004), Available: http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/notes/invnorm/
- 11.Bialas, W.F.: Lecture Notes in Applied Probability. Department of Industrial Engineering, the State University of New York at Buffalo (Summer 2004)Google Scholar