Some Applications and Prospects of Cellular Automata in Traffic Problems
In this paper we deal with mathematical modeling of participants’ movement based on cellular automata (CA). We describe some improvements of CA models of pedestrian motion taking into account the real geometrical constraints induced by a specific restricted space. Also some presumable optimization problems in traffic modeling based on CA are discussed. Besides some general problems of cellular modeling are discussed which are related to the accounting of mentality of traffic participants.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Toffoli, T., Margolis, N.: Cellular automata computation. Mir, Moscow (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Gilbert, N., Troitzsch, K.: Simulation for the social scientist. Open University press, Surrey (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Schreckenberg, M., Sharma, S.D. (eds.): Pedestrian and evacuation dynamics, pp. 173–181. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Helbing, D., Molnar, P., Schweitzer, F.: Computer simulations of pedestrian dynamics and trail formation. Evolution of Natural Structures, Sonderforschungsbereich 230, Stuttgart, pp. 229–234 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Stepantsov, M.E.: Dynamic model of a group of people based on lattice gas with non-local interactions. Applied nonlinear dynamics (Izvestiya VUZOV, Saratov) 5, 44–47 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, F.Y., et al.: A Complex Systems Approach for Studying Integrated Development of Transportation Logistics, and Ecosystems. J. Complex Systems and Complexity Science 2.1, 60–69 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Ahuja, R.K., Magnanti, T.L., Orlin, J.B.: Network Flows: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1993)Google Scholar
- 12.Kreighbaum, E., Barthels, K.M.: A Qualitative Approach for Studying Human Movement, 3rd edn., Biomechanics, Macmillan, New York (1990)Google Scholar
- 13.Klupfel, H.: A Cellular Automaton Model for Crowd Movement and Egress Simulation. PhD Thesis, Gerhard-Mercator-Universitat, Duisburg-Essen (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Makarenko, A.: Anticipating in modeling of large social systems - neuronets with internal structure and multivaluedness. International.Journal of Computing Anticipatory Systems 13, 77–92 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Rosen, R.: Anticipatory Systems. Pergamon Press, London (1985)Google Scholar