Fast Outlier Rejection by Using Parallax-Based Rigidity Constraint for Epipolar Geometry Estimation
A novel approach is presented in order to reject correspondence outliers between frames using the parallax-based rigidity constraint for epipolar geometry estimation. In this approach, the invariance of 3-D relative projective structure of a stationary scene over different views is exploited to eliminate outliers, mostly due to independently moving objects of a typical scene. The proposed approach is compared against a well-known RANSAC-based algorithm by the help of a test-bed. The results showed that the speed-up, gained by utilization of the proposed technique as a preprocessing step before RANSAC-based approach, decreases the execution time of the overall outlier rejection, significantly.
KeywordsOutlier removal Parallax-based rigidity constraint RANSAC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adam, A., Rivlin, E., Shimshoni, I.: Ror: Rejection of outliers by rotations. IEEE Trans. PAMI (January 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Fischler, M.A., Bolles, R.C.: Random sample consensus: A paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography. Communications of the ACM 24(6) (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.Goshen, L., Shimshoni, I.: Guided sampling via weak motion models and outlier sample generation for epipolar geometry estimation. In: Proceedings of the CVPR (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Harris, C., Stephens, M.A.: Combined corner and edge detector. In: Proc. 4th Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147–151 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Hartley, R.I.: In defense of the eight-point algorithm. IEEE Transactions on PAMI 19(6) (June 1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Hartley, R.I., Sturm, P.: Triangulation. IEEE Trans. on PAMI (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Irani, M., Anandan, P.: A unified approach to moving object detection in 2d and 3d scenes. IEEE Trans. on PAMI (June 1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Matas, J., Chum, O.: Randomized ransac with td,d test. In: British Machine Vision Conference (September 2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Tekalp, M.: Digital Video Processing. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Tola, E.: Multiview 3d reconstruction of a scene containing independently moving objects. Master’s thesis, METU (August 2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, Z., Deriche, R., Faugeras, O., Luong, Q.T.: A robust technique for matching two uncalibrated images through the recovery of the unknown epipolar geometry. Technical Report 2273, INRIA (1994)Google Scholar