PATROL-F – A Comprehensive Reputation-Based Trust Model with Fuzzy Subsystems
In this paper, we present PATROL-F, a comprehensive model for reputation-based trust incorporating fuzzy subsystems to protect interacting hosts in distributed systems. PATROL-F is the fuzzy version of our previous model PATROL, and aims at achieving a truly unique model incorporating various concepts that are important for the calculation of reputation values and the corresponding trust decisions. Among the incorporated concepts are direct experiences and reputation values, the credibility of a host to give recommend-dations, the decay of information with time based on a dynamic decay factor, first impressions, and a hierarchy of host systems. The model also implements the concepts of similarity, popularity, activity, and cooperation among hosts. In addition, PATROL-F includes fuzzy subsystems to account for humanistic and subjective concepts such as the importance of a transaction, the decision in the uncertainty region, and setting the value of result of interaction. We present simulations of PATROL-F and show its correctness and reliability.
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Trust Model Uncertainty Region Target Host Good Host
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ramchurn, S., Sierra, C., Godo, L., Jennings, N.: Devising a trust model for multi-agent interactions using confidence and reputation. Int. J. of Applied Artificial Intelligence 18(9-10) (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Castelfranchi, C., Falcone, R., Pezzulo, G.: Trust in Information Sources as a Source for Trust: A Fuzzy Approach. In: AAMAS 2003 (July 14-18, 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Falcone, R., Pezzulo, G., Castelfranchi, C.: Quantifying Belief Credibility for Trust-based Decision. In: AAMAS 2002 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Rubeira, J., Lopez, J., Muro, J.: A Fuzzy Model of Reputation in Multi-Agent Systems. In: AGENTS 2001 (May 28-June 1, 2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Song, S., Hwang, K., Zhou, R., Kwok, Y.: Trusted P2P Transactions with Fuzzy Reputation Aggregation. In: IEEE Internet Computing (November-December 2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Ramchurn, S., Sierra, C., Godo, L., Jennings, N.: ‘A Computational Trust Model for Multi-Agent Interactions based on Confidence and Reputation. In: Workshop on Trust, Privacy, Deception and Fraud in Agent Societies, AAMAS 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Manchala, D.: Trust Metrics, Models and Protocols for Electronic Commerce Transactions. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Derbas, G., Kayssi, A., Artail, H., Chehab, A.: TRUMMAR - A Trust Model for Mobile Agent Systems Based on Reputation. In: ACS/IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing (ICPS 2004), pp. 19–23 (July 2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Ayman Tajeddine, PATROL-F.: – A COMPREHENSIVE REPUTATION-BASED TRUST MODEL WITH FUZZY SUBSYSTEMS, ME Thesis, American University of Beirut (AUB), Beirut, Lebanon (December 2005)Google Scholar