Tree Checking for Sparse Complexes
We detail here the sparse variant of the algorithm sketched in  for checking if a simplicial complex is a tree. A full worst case complexity analysis is given and several optimizations are discussed. The practical complexity is discussed for some examples.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Caboara, M., Faridi, S., Selinger, P.: Prototype implementation of tree algorithms, available at: http://www.dm.unipi.it/~caboara/Research
- 2.Caboara, M., Faridi, S., Selinger, P.: Simplicial cycles and the computation of simplicial trees. Journal of Symbolic Computation (to appear)Google Scholar
- 3.CoCoA Team, COCOA: a system for doing Computations in Commutative Algebra, available at: http://cocoa.dima.unige.it/
- 7.Faridi, S.: Monomial ideals via square-free monomial ideals. Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics (to appear)Google Scholar
- 10.Zheng, X.: Homological properties of monomial ideals associated to quasi-trees and lattices, Ph.D. thesis, Universität Duisburg-Essen (August 2004)Google Scholar