A General Computational Scheme for Testing Admissibility of Nilpotent Orbits of Real Lie Groups of Inner Type
One of the most fundamental problems in the field of Representation Theory is the description of all the unitary representations of a given group. For non-compact real reductive Lie groups, there is evidence that new unitary representations can be obtained from data provided by their admissible nilpotent orbits. In this paper, we describe a general scheme for determining the admissibility of a given real nilpotent orbit. We implement some parts of the scheme using the software system LiE. We give a detailed example and study the complexity of the algorithms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Schwartz, J.: The determination of the admissible nilpotent orbits in real classical groups, Ph. D. Thesis M.I.T. Cambridge, MA (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.Van Leeuwen, M.A.A., Cohen, A.M., Lisser, B.: LiE: A package for Lie group computations. Computer Algebra Nederland, Amsterdam, Netherlands (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Vogan, D.: Unitary representations of reductive groups. Annals of Mathematical Studies, vol. 118, Princeton University Press Study (1987)Google Scholar
- 11.Vogan, D.: Associated varieties and unipotent representations. Harmonic Analysis on Reductive Groups, pp. 315–388. Birkhäuser, Boston-Basel-Berlin (1991)Google Scholar
- 12.Wolfram, S.: The Mathematica Book Wolfram media. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1998)Google Scholar