Texture Classification Via Stationary-Wavelet Based Contourlet Transform
A directional multiresolution approach was proposed for texture analysis and classification based on a modified contourlet transform named the stationary wavelet-based contourlet transform (SWBCT). In the phase for extracting features after the decomposition, energy measures, Hu moments and co-occurrence matrices were calculated respectively. The progressive texture classification algorithm had better performance compared with several other methods using wavelet, stationary wavelet, brushlet, contourlet and Gabor filters. Moreover, in the case that there are only small scale samples for training, our method can also obtain a satisfactory result.
KeywordsTexture Analysis Energy Measure Decomposition Level Invariant Moment Directional Decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Gross, M.H., Koch, R., Lippert, L., Dreger, A.: Multiscale image texture analysis in wavelet spaces. In: Proc. IEEE ICIP, Austin, Texas, USA, vol. 3, pp. 412–416 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Bovik, A.C., Clark, M., Geisler, W.S.: Multichannel texture analysis using localized spatial filters. IEEE Trans. on PAMI 12, 55–73 (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Hou, B.: Ridgelet and directional information detection: theory and applications. Ph.D. Xidian University (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Tan, S., Zhang, X., Jiao, L.: A brushlet-based feature set applied to texture classification, vol. 3314, pp. 1175–1180. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Do, M.N., Vetterli, M.: Contourlets: a directional multiresolution image representation. In: Proc. of IEEE ICIP, Rochester, NY, vol. 1, pp. 357–360 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Jiao, L., Tan, S.: Development and prospect of image multiscale geometric analysis. Acta Electronica Sinica 31, 43–50 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Lu, Y., Do, M.N.: CRISP-contourlets: a critically sampled directional multiresolution image representation. In: Proc. of SPIE conference on Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing X, San Diego, USA, vol. 5207, pp. 655–665 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Eslami, R., Radha, H.: Wavelet-based contourlet transform and its application to image coding. In: ICIP, Singapore, vol. 5, pp. 3189–3192 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Thyagarajan, K.S., Nguyen, T., Persons, C.E.: A maximum likelihood approach to texture classification using wavelet transform. In: International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Austin, Texas, USA, vol. 2, pp. 640–644. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (1994)Google Scholar