On Interleaving in Timed Automata
We propose a remedy to that part of the state-explosion problem for timed automata which is due to interleaving of actions. We prove the following quite surprising result: the union of all zones reached by different interleavings of the same set of transitions is convex. Consequently we can improve the standard reachability computation for timed automata by merging such zones whenever they are encountered. Since passage of time distributes over union, we can continue the successor computation from the new zone and eliminate completely the explosion due to interleaving.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BBM06]Ben Salah, R., Bozga, M., Maler, O.: Automatic Abstraction of Timed Components (submitted, 2006)Google Scholar
- [DY96]Daws, C., Yovine, S.: Reducing the Number of Clock Variables of Timed Automata. In: RTSS 1996, pp. 73–81 (1996)Google Scholar
- [DR95]Diekert, V., Rozenberg, G. (eds.): The Book of Traces. World Scientific, Singapore (1995)Google Scholar
- [HNSY94]Henzinger, T., Nicollin, X., Sifakis, J., Yovine, S.: Symbolic Model-checking for Real-time Systems. Information and Computation 111, 193–244 (1994)Google Scholar
- [MP95]Maler, O., Pnueli, A.: Timing Analysis of Asynchronous Circuits using Timed Automata. In: Camurati, P.E., Eveking, H. (eds.) CHARME 1995. LNCS, vol. 987, pp. 189–205. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- [R94]Rokicki, T.G.: Representing and Modeling Digital Circuits. PhD Thesis, Stanford University (1994)Google Scholar
- [T98]Tripakis, S.: The Analysis of Timed Systems in Practice, PhD Thesis, Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble (1998)Google Scholar
- [U]Uppaal benchmarks, www.it.uu.se/research/group/darts/uppaal/benchmarks
- [YS97]Yoneda, T., Schlingloff, B.-H.: Efficient Verification of Parallel Real-Time Systems. Formal Methods in System Design, 11, 187–215 (1997)Google Scholar