Design and Analysis of Side Information Embedded PTS Scheme in the OFDM Communication System
Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) system is very good for the high speed communication system but the high peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR) is very serious problem. Partial transmit sequence (PTS) scheme has been widely studied to reduce the high PAPR of OFDM signal since it is flexible and efficient. However, there is an inevitable problem in the PTS scheme, which is to transmit the side information about the phase rotation factors for the correct OFDM symbol recovery. In this paper, a new side information embedded PTS scheme using the reference symbols is proposed for the PAPR reduction. Also, BER (bit error rate) performance is analyzed when the erroneous side information is received. In this proposed method, the information about the rotation factors is expressed by the phase of reference symbols. The proposed method maintains the same PAPR reduction performance as the conventional PTS scheme and OFDM symbols are correctly recovered by the side information to meet the required BER level, which is verified via the computer simulation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guo, Z., Zhu, W.: Performance study of OFDMA vs. OFDM/SDMA. Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC Spring 2002 2, 565–569 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.O’Neill, R., Lopes, L.N.: Envelope variations and spectral splatter in clipped multicarrier Signals. In: Proc. PIMRC, vol. 1995, pp. 71–75 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Cimini, L.J., Sollenberger, N.R.: Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction of an OFDM Signal Using Partial Transmit Sequences With Embedded Side Information. In: GLOBECOM 2000. IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 746–750 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.van Nee, R.: OFDM wireless multimedia communication. Artech House, Boston (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Ochiai, H., Imai, H.: OFDM-CDMA with peak power reduction based on the spreading sequences. In: IEEE International Conference on Communication, vol. 3, pp. 1299–1303 (1998)Google Scholar