A Novel Analog Pre-distorter of TWTA Non-linearity in High Power Satellite Transmitters
- 552 Downloads
OFDM systems are susceptible to HPA non-linearities in particular because of their large peak-to-average power ratios (PAPR). Several pre-distortion or post-distortion schemes for compensation these effects of nonlinearities in communications systems have been studied recently.
In this paper, we present a new analog pre-distorter to enhance the power efficiency of satellite OFDM transmitters using TWT amplifiers.
This conceptually simple technique can in linearize a HPA system quite well, if the pre-distorter and main amplifier are sufficiently well matched.
In addition, the performance of the new pre-distortion scheme for OFDM systems is evaluated in terms of spectrum and total degradation BER. Simulation results also show that our pre-distortion scheme is efficient in compensating the non-linear distortion of HPAs.
KeywordsOFDM Pre-distorter HPA TWTA SSPA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chang, S., Powers, E.J.: A simplified predistorter for Compensation of nonlinear distortion in OFDM Systems. IEEE transaction (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.zayani, R., Zid, S., Bouallegue, R.: Simulateur des non-linéarités HPA sur un système OFDM. In: OHD Conference (September 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Ding, L.: Digital Predistortion of Power Amplifiers for Wireless Applications, a Thesis presented to the Academic Faculty (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Ahirwar, V., Rajan, B.S.: Tradeoff between PAPR Reduction and Decoding complexity in transformed OFDM System. IEEE transaction (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Baxley, R.J.: Analyzing Selected Mapping for Peak-to-Average Power Reduction in OFDM, a Thesis presented to the Academic Faculty (May 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.WÄohlbier, J.G.: Nonlinear Distortion and Suppression. In: Traveling Wave Tubes: Insights And Methods, a Thesis presented to the Academic Faculty (2003)Google Scholar