A Priority Management Scheme for High Rate Wireless Personal Area Network
The High-Rate WPAN has been designed to provide a very high-speed short-range transmission capability with QoS provisions. However, the IEEE 802.15.3 standard does not specify the scheduling scheme. In this paper, we propose a priority management scheme for the IEEE 802.15.3 HR-WPAN, in which channel time allocations are scheduled, based on priority levels of data frames. We also analyze performance of management scheme by using an M/M/1 with priority queuing model. Our performance model has been validated via simulations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Specification of the Bluetooth System – Core vol. 1, v1.1, Available at: http://www.bluetooth.com
- 3.Rhee, S.H., Chung, K., Kim, Y., Yoon, W., Chang, K.S.: An Application-Aware MAC Scheme for IEEE 802.15.3 High-Rate WPAN. In: Proc. of WCNC 2004, March. 2004, vol. 2, pp. 1018–1023 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Zeng, R., Geng-Sheng, K.: A Novel Scheduling Scheme and MAC Enhancements for IEEE 802.15.3 High-Rate WPAN. In: Proc. of WCNC 2005, March 2005, vol. 4, pp. 2478–2483 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Fantacci, R., Tarchi, D., Izzo, G.: Multimedia Traffic Management at MAC layer in IEEE 802.15.3a Personal Area Networks. In: Proc. of Wireless Networks, Communications and Mobile Computing 2005 International Conference, June 2005, vol. 2, pp. 923–928 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.IEEE 802.15 TG3, IEEE Standard for Information Technology – Telecommunications and Information Exchange Between Systems – Local and Metropolitan Area Networks – Specific Requirements Part 15.3: Wireless Medium Access Control(MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) Specifications for High Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks(WPANs) (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Ningyi, X., Dongjun, L., Zucheng, Z.: Protocol accelerator design for IEEE 802.15.3 MAC implementation. In: Proc. of the 5th International Symposium on Multi-Dimensional Mobile Communications and the 2004 Joint Conference of the 10th Asia-Pacific Conference, August 2004, vol. 1, pp. 189–192 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Garcia, L.: Probability and Random Processes for Electrical Engineering, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1994)Google Scholar