A Multi-agent Negotiation Model Applied in Multi-objective Optimization
Although both multi-objective optimization and agent technology gained a lot of interest during the last decade, many aspects of their functionality still remain open. This paper proposes the multi-agent negotiation model applied in multi-objective optimization. There are three types of agents in the system. The plan agent plans the global best benefit; the action agent plans the best benefit of the single objective; and the resource agent manages the common resource. The agents compete and cooperate to reach the global best benefit through their negotiation. The model is applied in evolutionary multi-objective optimization to realize its parallel and distributed computation, and the experiment on MAGE shows the model is effective.
KeywordsPareto Front Resource Agent Plan Agent Global Objective Negotiation Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.David, N.A., et al.: Multiagent cooperation in International coalitions, Intelligent System, 26–35 (May 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Shi, Z.Z.: Intelligent agent and its application. Science Publishing Company, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Shi, Z.Z., Zhang, H.J., Dong, M.K.: MAGE: Multi-Agent Environment. In: ICCNMC-2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Ricordel, P.M., Demazeau, Y.: From Analysis to Deployment: a Multi-Agent Platform Survey. In: Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Engineering Societies in the Agents’ World, August 2000, Berlin (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Martin, D., Cheyer, A., Moran, D.: The Open Agent Architecture: A Framework for Building Distributed Software Systems. Applied Artificial Intelligence 13(1-2), 92–128 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Sycara, K., Decker, K., Pannu, A., Williamson, M., Zeng, D.: Distributed intelligent agents. IEEE Expert, 11(6) (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Socha, K., Dorohinicki, M.K.: Agent-based Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimisation. In: Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Evolutionary computation (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Naithoh, K., Terano, T.: Agent-based Modeling of Corporate Behaviors with Evolutionary Computation. In: Proceedings 2003 IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation 2003, Japan (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Vacher, J.P., Galinho, T., Lesage, F., Cardon, A.: Genetic algorithms in a multi-agent system. In: IEEE International Joint Symposia on Intelligence and Systems, pp. 17–26 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Cetnarowicz, K., Kisiel, D.M., Nawarecki, E.: The application of evolution Process in Multi-agent World to the Prediction system. In: Proceeding of the 2nd International Conference on Multi-Agent SystemsGoogle Scholar